1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

Using Django with OpenEdge Progress

Discussão em 'StackOverflow' iniciado por fdantas, Junho 20, 2017.

1. fdantas

fdantas Administrator Moderador

My colleague and I have been building custom reports for the last few months using Python, with the hopes of getting a Django application up and running into which we can put those reports. The database is Progress from OpenEdge, and we are allowed read-only access (proprietary software which we license).

Over the last 15 months, I've attempted different methods of getting Django connected to the database (pyodbc, pyodbcOpenEdge, etc.) and have been unable to get Django to successfully connect to the database. We can get SQL access via pyodbc - which we are using to run the Python scripts for reports, but can't get Django to work. I have been researching this issue for as long as we've been working on these reports.

Has anyone found a method to get Python 3.4, Django 1.8, and OpenEdge Progress 10.2B to talk to each other? Does anyone have any resources they can share with us?

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página