1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Anuncie Aqui ! Entre em contato fdantas@4each.com.br

Rollbase REST API

Discussão em 'PSDN - Forum' iniciado por aventofilip, Fevereiro 14, 2018.

1. aventofilip

aventofilip Guest

We are currently developing a frontend-application (js) using the REST API and are facing numerous problems.

First of all, your documentation is awful, lacking and sometimes even wrong, or everything at once. It only contains happy cases, and limited of those also.

Second, none of the API endpoints are consistent with eachother. What is default and behaviour of selectQuery, cannot be used for getRecord, or anywhere else. Some place output codes, some raw values, some formatted values, arrays are splitted by comma, and some by pipe, etc.

Third, even changing output from XML to JSON results in other results. On getRecord, changing from XML to JSON suddenly changes from lookup record names being outputted, to an array of object IDs being outputted. We see that the SOAP API atleast has a "useIds" attribute to control this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <resp status="ok">
    <data id="342171445" objName="complaint4">
    <field name="R160819019">FOO123 - Test-artikkel | I DID THIS | OOPS I DID IT AGAIN|BAR 456 - Tort og svie</field>
    </data>
    </resp>

{
    "objName": "complaint4",
    "R160819019": [
    ]
    }

Fourth, currency outputted via selectQuery and with JSON breaks the JSON output.
    E.g: select unitprice from complaintpart outputs:

[
    [
    ],
    [
    ],
    [
    ],
    [
    ],
    [
    ]
    ]

Fifth, many of the APIs follow worst-practice to every aspect.

We are running v4.4.0 on-premise installation. If any of theese is addressed in newer versions, please tell us as we could find no specifics for these major issues. It is very obvious that these areas has not been in focus for development nor testing.

I know this has been a very negatively charged post, but I see no other choice than to address this to you guys so that you can take action and fix it for future users. All this has been a massive time consumer for our project raising the overall time to develop by as much as 60% so far, and we still keep hitting problems.

Do you have any plans to fix your REST API?

Continue reading...

Compartilhe esta Página